Do You Count Your Blessings?
A terrific friend gave me this amazing book: The Magic by Rhonda Byrne. The magic of the book is practicing being grateful for what you have and for the people in your life.
Most of us say “Thank You” when we receive something, but feeling true gratitude doesn’t always come naturally (I know it doesn’t for me!). And feeling true gratitude is what will allow us to open our hearts and minds to other great things.
And so, here I am on Day 1 of my Magic Practice:
Count Your Blessings.
Here are 10 blessings I am grateful for:
- I am truly blessed to have both my parents with me, because they have always loved me no matter what.
- I am so happy and grateful for my fiance, Jeremy, because he has made my life so much more fulfilling and exciting than I could have ever imagined!
- I am truly grateful for all my amazing friends, many of whom are flying thousands of miles over to my wedding later this month, because they always bring me laughter and joy.
- I am so thankful for my good health, because it allows me to travel and see/experience everything I’ve always dreamed of seeing/experiencing.
- I am so thankful for all the amazing farmers who raise their animals in a humane and conscientious manner, because they make my food healthier and tastier.
- I am so grateful for all the fruits and vegetables growing in the back yard, because they provide nourishment to my family.
- I am truly thankful for the clean water that flows out of my taps (faucets), because it allows me to stay healthy.
- I am grateful to the Paleo community, because their work has helped improve my own health and well-being.
- Thank you Internet (not joking), because it has enabled me to keep learning and discovering more ideas and to become connected with so many amazing people across the globe.
- And lastly, I am so thankful for life itself, because it affords me the chance to see the beauty in this world and to experience love and happiness.
What Are You Grateful For Today?
Let me know in the comments below everything that you’re grateful for.
And now, here’s that super quick paleo fajita recipe I made today (you can eat it plain or you can use some lettuce as a wrap).